Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Years


Happy New Years! 2013 has started out pretty great I must say. Today we had a picnic, drank tea and climbed trees with my host family and neighbors at a lookout a few kilometers away where there is a nice view of the Dead Sea. It was nice to spend time outside and to run around a bit. These people are wonderful. I am overwhelmed with kindness and hospitality every day and am continuously amazed by it.

Last night I briefly noted the passing of midnight as I laid in bed trying to fall asleep. I spent the evening at my neighbors' house and then came home to get a makeover from my 6 year old host sister. No parties, fireworks, taxi rides or champagne at my end this year. I woke up headache free this morning! Merely coincidence I'm sure.

I haven't been as up to date on the news as I am used to, but as I glimpse at it things seem to be getting consistently more crazy. I wish everyone a very happy beginning to 2013 amidst the chaos and hope that we can continue to find joy and happiness in life's everyday blessings. At the same time, I hope we can continue a resolution to live in a way in which we respect each other in spite of our religious, cultural, or political differences and help one another build a better understanding of this crazy, wonderful world we live in.


No comments:

Post a Comment